Prime Minister Narendra Modi had nominated the India Today Group to champion the Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan. To take this forward, India Today Group in the year 2015 had launched “Safaigiri – A platform that will showcase and felicitate the pioneering efforts of those who are leading the change in cleanliness”
It is an initiative to Celebrate Champions of Clean India.
In its fourth year, India Today celebrated this spirit of togetherness in Safaigiri Jugalbandi, where people came together to celebrate achievements in Safaigiri from across the country in a day long show telecasted on all four India Today Group TV Channels. It shared the best practices in the area of cleanliness where the top visionaries honored the chosen innovators.
The winners were felicitated at a special awards ceremony in Mumbai, the financial capital of the country on 2nd October 2018.
The jury comprised of eminent people from all walks of life –
- Aroon Purie, Chairman & Editor-in-Chief of the India Today Group,
- Neerja Birla, founder and chairperson, Aditya Birla Education Trust,
- T.V. Mohandas Pai is Chairman of Manipal Global Education,
- Vinayak Chatterjee is the co-founder of Feedback Infra and also serves as its chairman,
- Shubhagato Dasgupta is a senior fellow at Centre for Policy Research, also the director of the Scaling City Institutions for India (Sci-Fi) Sanitation initiative,
- Sam Balsara is the founder, Chairman and Managing Director of Madison World and Madison Communications,
- Swati Ramanathan is co-founder of Janaagraha Centre for Citizenship and Democracy,
- Sangita Jindal is the Chairman of the JSW Foundation
3RMPL won the award in the category “Garbage Guru”. The award was received by Manish Pathak (Co-founder & MD) and Paras Arora (Co-founder & CEO) from Mr. Nitin Gadkari, Minister of Road, Transport & Highways and Water Resources and Mr. Aroon Puri, Chairman India Today Group.
During the day, founders spoke to noted singers Neeti Mohan and Zubin Nautiyal on stage and shared their journey, innovations, challenges and way forward.
Further details of the complete program can be seen on http://specials.indiatoday.com/specials/swachh-bharat2018